Thursday, October 27, 2011
Hallelujah!
We finally got rid of the binky!!!! And I say we because it was a sacrifice on all of our parts. Anyone who knows Katelyn knows how much she loves her binky and despite our MANY attempts to get rid of it, somehow the binky slowly kept coming back. We recently went to the dentist and he said if we didn't get rid of it now it could damage her adult teeth, so I tried using a little fear. I told Katelyn if she didn't stop using her binky it would hurt her teeth and we would have to go back to the dentist and get lots of shots (not a complete lie) and that did it. We went straight from the dentist office to the store to buy a balloon. When we got home we tied the binky to the balloon and watched it fly away. Then we went back inside and threw away all the others away so Katelyn (and mommy) wouldn't be tempted to use them later. And we've been binky free ever since. Yea Katelyn!!!! We're so proud of you!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Doesn't she look happy?
6 comments:
that pic with her and the bink tied to the balloon is hilarious...but yet kind of heart breaking..haha. way to go all of you!!!
Oh!!! That picture kinda breaks my heart. :(
Way to go!! I'm so proud of you both. :)
Way to go Chicky!!! That is a BIG deal for such a binky lover.
That was a cute technique :) Does the baby have a different kind of binky? I remember one of my older kids taking the baby's binky ...
haha, that's such a great idea. yay katelyn!
Ok - that close-up picture of Katelyn is my new favorite picture of her! Hilarious. Seeing the binky go makes me miss you guys even more. :)
Post a Comment