Today we had to say good bye to our beautiful tree. As you can see, we had a huge tree on the side of our house. It gave our house so much shade, we loved it! However, it was growing out of control and it was also growing into our fence and the sidewalk, so we had no choice except to cut it down. Now it just doesn't look right. The side of our house looks empty. The worst part is that we had to spend money on something we didn't really want to do. The joys of owning a home. Well, at least we ( we, who am I kidding, Jeff) won't have to rake all of those leaves in the fall.
Great shade, but it is a lot of leaves come fall.
The crane they used to take it all down.
Katelyn kept going over to the window to watch.
The after picture, it looks so empty.
The stump. Apparently, this type of tree does not die easily, so we get the fun task of drilling more poison into it every month until it finally dies.
Note: If you're buying a house, make sure there isn't a tree you'll have to remove anytime soon, its a pain!
2 comments:
this is bitter sweet for me. About 10 years ago I was rollerblading with my friend Lindsay Burton when I went off the sidewalk jump that was caused from that tree and I ate it real hard! I bet the shade was nice though!
I drove by your house the other day and just wanted to tell you how good your yard looks! I'm sure it was hard to say Good Bye...but atleast it looks good, right?!
Post a Comment