Saturday, December 13, 2008

Baby Jane has finally arrived!

Jane finally arrived Friday Decemeber 12th, at 4:16 a.m. weighing 8 pounds and 8 ounces and measuring 21 inches long. She was not about to come any earlier that she had to though. She finally crowned after 3 hours of pushing and just when all of us (the doctor, Jeff, the nurses, and I) thought I'd only have a few pushes left, she didn't come out until 45 minutes later. When I saw the top of her head I got so excited, its a good thing I had no idea it would take another 45 minutes of pushing. Anyway, she is here and healthy, and at the moment working on her tan under the billilights. We of course love her and think that she is one of the cutest little babies we've ever seen.
My two girls!

Our first family picture, and yes my eyes actually are open, just a bit swollen.

13 comments:

Lauren said...

Congrats! I am so excited for you. She is adorable.

Brooke said...

Congratulations. I hope you're doing well. Cute girls!

Annemarie said...

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy for you! (& so glad you didn't have to have a c-section!!!!)

She is beautiful!

Lindsey and Tommy said...

Horray for baby girls!! She is darling! And we can't wait to meet little Jane!!

Clegg Family said...

Congrats! She is absolutely beautiful and I'm so happy to hear everyone is so healthy and happy...keep the updates coming!

Amanda said...

Way exciting! She really is beautiful. I hope you are all doing well. You look great, I didn't even dare post the pictures of me at the hospital!!!

klt9976 said...

CONGRATS!!! She's ADORABLE!

Wendy said...

Congratulations!! What a cutie!!

theminerfamily said...

Whit, HOORAY! Two new "Janes" in the FAM! I heard from my Grandma (of course) and was going to call you today, but figured you have just gotten home so I thought I would give you a few days. I will be in SLC on Wednesday. The week until Christmas is crazy, but perhaps we can sneak in sometime afterwards! Love ya and congrats, I am so happy for you and of course she is beautiful, I wouldn't expect any different.
Love,
Heidi

Becky said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you guys. Glad you are all doing well!

Jessica said...

Whitney! Congrats on the darling new baby. I had no idea you were pregnant - or that you had a blog haha. Your girls are absolutely beautiful!!! I'm so happy for you guys.

Jamie said...

Congratulations you guys! What a beautiful baby girl!

{Whitney-I can't believe she was over 8 lbs.-you always looked so little-hope you are feeling well}
Love,Brian and Jamie

Ashlie said...

Congrats again!!

Ash