Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Baby Update
No I haven't forgotten to post pictures of my new baby. But here's a little update. I went to the doctor this afternoon and I'm not even dilated to a one. :{ So I'm scheduled to be induced on the 16th, and yes that is almost 2 weeks away:{ You might be wondering why the doctor would wait so long to induce me, but since this is hopefully going to be a V-back (vaginal delivery after a c-section), it's safer if your body goes into labor on its own, as opposed to being induced. However, its not safe to let your body go longer than 2 weeks past your due date either. That being said, if the doctor induces me (they will only give me a low dose of pitocin so as to give my body as much of a chance to go into labor on its own) and my body doesn't go into labor, then eventually it could result in a c-section. So, since I want to avoid a c-section as much as possible, I chose to wait until the 16th ( I know, I can't believe it either) because obviously the longer I wait, the better the chances are that I will just go into labor on my own. Hopefully, I will go into labor before that because 2 weeks sounds way too far away, but if not look for pictures around the 16th (Probably more like the 20th).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh man...hang in there. The next two weeks will FLY by, and hopefully it won't even be that long!
Seriously?? Well... Maybe I need to go rent you some more scrubs DVDs :) And I want to see a pic of your cute prego belly!!
Poor Whitney. But way to stick to your guns! And you never know, it could be tomorrow, right?
You have got to be kidding me, call me and we are going on a hike and jumping on a tramp!!! We are getting this baby OUT!!!
Post a Comment