Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Oops

The past few months I've been cutting Jeff's hair. I had actually been doing pretty well, with no major mistakes, that is until Sunday. We were kind of in a hurry getting ready for church, but I wanted to cut his hair before we went. I set up all of the stuff and grabbed the clippers including the extension that I usually use on his hair. Before I got the extension on, I got interrupted and I put everything down. When I came back, I grabbed the clippers and started trimming away, forgetting that there was no extension on. Suddenly Jeff commented that it sure seemed like a lot of hair was falling on the ground. To my horror I realized what I had done. Luckily I have a very forgiving husband, especially considering that after I realized he wasn't going to kill me I laughed until I cried at his awful haircut. Jeff didn't find it quite as funny though, maybe he will in a few weeks.

11 comments:

Annemarie said...

Oh no!! Thankfully our husbands are very forgiving. I've cut John's ear before...and I'm supposed to be a professional.

Clegg Family said...

That is too funny! I'm so glad you got a picture of it...what a fun memory! :)

nikki said...

CLASSIC! Just trying to keep him humble!

Lindsey and Tommy said...

Whit.... I did the exact thing to Tommy!!! How funny is that!! Although... I was the one crying and Tommy was the one laughing!!! Oh that picture takes me back... we have just about the exact same one!! :)

Wendy said...

Funny! Rick cuts our boys' hair and he did the exact same thing to Jase one time. He then had to cut the whole thing EXTREMELY short!

Proudfeet said...

Whitney! I was looking on Kristy's blog today and found you! I am so glad I got to run into you at the Dodo the other night! And now I hope you don't mind if I peek at your blog! What a darling little family!
Leah

Susi said...

That is soooo great....good old memories!

Reade said...

too funny! home hair cuts are the best - my bald husband allows for me to spend more on my hair!

Katie and Jeff Wood said...

hey cute Norman family! It's so fun to see your cute pictures! We are laughing hard at the haircut=). It was so good to see you around Christmas time. keep in touch xoxo Katie and Jeff

Alicia W. said...

Oh dear! I cut Shane's hair (one of the pre-requisites to marrying him) and one time as I was shaving his neck the broom fell and hit the cord of the clippers...they moved and put a nice little line in his newly cut hair. Thankfully hair grows back.

Uriona Family said...

Jeff why don't you just man up and cut it all off already? -Dane